Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Pair of Shoes

Since I monitor my shoes wear off after every run, I can foresee that I will need another pair of shoes in 3~4 weeks time.  So, I have decided to get myself another pair of shoes.

I want to try out another brand to see if the new brand will last longer (although I know I have to work on the the way that I run).  I decided to go for Asics based on my friend's recommendation AND the fact that I had 25% discount coupon for Asics' shoes.

My search in Shoes Finder by RunnersWorld suggests me to get either Asics Cumulus or Asics Gel-1170.  After investigating more of my shoes wear off pattern, I think I am more suitable with Asics Cumulus.

At the store, the shoes attendant also suggested me to get Asics Cumulus rather than Gel-1170 by looking at the way I walk.  She said that although my arch looks normal but my walking style is biased toward high arch type of foot.  She initially suggested Asics Gel-Landreth 7 but the boss (I guess) suggested me to take Asics Cumulus after checking how often that I run each week.  The reason he gave is that Cumulus has been around for more than 10 years for runner while Landreth is only around for a few years.  So, Cumulus is more acceptable to runners from the track record.  After trying both the Cumulus and Landreth, I go for Cumulus.

Now, I have two pairs of running shoes that I can change around.

I worked on my weekday tempo run with Cumulus.  Feel good about it.  This could be because of new pair of shoes.

My decision of my next shoes will based on the results after 2 month of wearing... ... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment