Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Another Week of Record Setting Training

This was the second time I ran the countryside route again.  The cooling atmosphere was still there except that it was a lot hazy.  I felt more tired at the end of the run as compare to the first time I used this route.  It could be due to another long run yesterday.  I checked back the record and found that I just had 55mins of ~7km the day before I took this route on the 1st time.  But yesterday, I trained for ~2hours (including hiking up and down) at Air Itam Dam for 4.5 rounds.

This time, the run was a bit exciting that I frighten a herb of buffalo that were about to cross the street.  All the buffalo stumbled back when seeing an stranger running 50 feet in front of them except one (the leader I guess).  The buffalo stood there steadily watching me running pass.  What an exciting and a bit of scary experience.

Except for the weekday tempo training, I was on track for the training for this week.  In terms of distance, I recorded the longest running distance of 27.4km for the whole week.  I even had a steady improve in pace recently with now pacing at the average pace of 6:33min/km, which I was targeting to get 7mins/km.  I hope I can maintain this for a few more weeks.














By checking blogs of other runners, the pace of ~5:30min@10km will give 2:40hr at Penang Bridge Half Marathon.  So, with my speed, targeting to complete the race in less than 3 hours should be achievable.  We'll see...

Overall, this is a very satisfying week...

No comments:

Post a Comment