Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

2015 APBIM HM Training Journal (12 wk to go)

Looking back into last week training, my running mileage is higher than what I planned.  I hope things will turn out to be good.

Due to serious haze during my training day, I had to skip one day of training.  In order to make up the mileage, I miscalculated and ended up logging a higher mileage, ie. 29.5km instead of 25km.

In order to challenge myself, I purposely did a so-called "back-to-back" run in the morning and then participated in the 8km race at night.  As I heard that army training will be to run 10km in the morning and than 10km in the afternoon.  So, I just wanted to try it out!

As I was planning to run at slow pace during the night race, I just couldn't held myself but to push little by little to finish the race with the pace of 5:42"/km despite the little hilly route.  During the race I had to remind myself to slow down a few times as I felt that I was running too fast and I didn't want to hurt myself.  I did walk up the toughest hill thou.

I was doing OK at the race and finished with a strong kick.

The consequences... I wasn't really able to run the next morning!  Other than that, everything seems to be normal.

As plan, next week will be a recovery week which I plan to just log some 20~22km.

No comments:

Post a Comment