Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

2015 APBIM HM Training Journal (15 wk to go)

Since I participated in the race on Sunday, I had a bit of reserved in my weekday training, not doing as high mileage as I could.  This is because I was hoping that the Sunday 10km race could make up the mileage.  As most of the races that I joined before, the actual race distance for this one is slightly shorter than the intended.

Hence, my total mileage this week was around 1 km shorter than what I put in the training plan.  But with the faster speed during the race, ie. higher intensity, the actual training effort is higher than last week.

As for the 10 km race, BM Run, this is the fastest 10 km time that I had.  I completed the 10 km run (9.9 km recorded by my Garmin) in 51:33 mins, which is 5:14 min/km.  Before this, the fastest 10 km run was with pace of 5:18 mins/km, which I recorded in Nov 2014 during the Tanjung 10 km Run.  With this results, I turned out to be in 20th placing in my category, Veteran!  This is possible due to no cash prize given to the top winners and thus not able to attract a lot of fast runners to join this race!  Good for me but unfortunately, the prizes are only given from 1st to 15th placing!

Fuel:
1.  2 bottles of Yogurt that has 105kcal each.
2.  1 little of water but feel like need to go to toilet after around 6km!  So, need to reduce.

No comments:

Post a Comment