Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

2015 APBIM HM Training Journal (11 wk to go)

The HM race is getting closer with just 11 weeks to go.

I was taking this recovering week pretty OK by just sticking to my plan.  However, I went up to Air Itam Dam for my weekend long run, which is tougher than normal long run that I did recently.

I did a 4 loop run at the Dam with the pace of 6:12 mins/km.  When I checked back my record, this is actually my fastest pace at this distance.  And, the last time I ran at this distance was close to 3 years back in Dec 2012!  This results give me confidence that my training plan is on the right track!

All I need to do now is to stick to my training plan and avoid any injury.  However, due to my last week's decision to run 10km in the morning and still joined 8km race, which I was not able to run at slower pace, I kind of develop a muscular type of shin splint.  I felt the pain when I run fast (not in easy run pace).  So, for the next few weeks, I will have to keep an eye on this by keeping my pace slow to avoid worsening of the issue.

Keeping my fingers cross, hopefully I can stick to my training plan and run my best HM at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment