Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

2015 APBIM HM Training Journal (19 wk to go)

less than 20 weeks to go for the year end HM again...

I joined the 10km Penang Chinese cross Country Run 2015 (Chung Ling Cross Country Run 2015) on Saturday.  As like before, this was not a very well organized run but with tons of lucky draw.  My finishing time was 5 mins longer than last year and I taught I was slow.  When I checked back my last year record, the distant was 1 km shorter last year.  So, I should be happy with this finishing time.  In fact, this is the 2nd fastest ~10km run that I had, not to mention the small uphill that the route has.

As I was inspired by my running sifu who won a medal (17th placing) in the run with 8mins faster than my finishing time, I dragged myself for a recovery run on Sunday morning.

The recovery run is really a recovery run with my average heart rate of only 138 bpm with average pace of 7:05 min/km.  I remember the last round I was running at this pace was either after injury or easy run at my high mileage week.  Anyway, I really felt very tired (not able to walk fast at all) the whole day.

With the additional recovery run, I was logging 22.7km for the whole week.  Hopefully, my body can still handle this with no injury moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment