Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

2015 APBIM HM Training Journal (18 wk to go)

This is not a smooth week to meet the target mileage.  Eventually, I only able to log 18km instead of 21.5km in my plan.  Anyway, I will take this as a pull in of recovery week from next week.

I just read an article that suggested to group the training for every 3 weeks, ie. train hard for first two weeks and schedule the third week as recovery.  For some reasons, this seems to fit into my idea more.  Thus, I will revise my training plan to group into every 3 weeks, instead of every 4 weeks now.

Streak:  However, the main reason for me not able to meet this week's target mileage is because of this Streak!  I use a logging website which has "streak" in the overall training summary page.  The number in the column shows the longest accumulative mileage for 4 conservative days.  From the analysis, the last number shown was achieved in year 2013.  So, I just felt that the same number has been there for to long that I have to somehow break it!

So, after the Chung Ling Run on Saturday, which is not common for race day to fall on Saturday, I was in the mood to run again on Sunday morning.  Since Monday was holidays I ran again trying to break the "streak" record!  I felt a bit of pain at my lower leg after Monday run.  But because of the wish to break the record, I ran again on Tuesday.  At the end, I managed to have a new Streak record!  But my lower leg hurt a bit even when I walk.  In order to avoid me having the same crazy idea again in future, I decided to remove this number from the training summary page!

With the minor leg discomfort, I decided to delay my Thursday scheduled running day to Friday follow by another easy run on Saturday.  I just reduced the training mileage for both runs, monitoring the condition of my leg, and run slowly.  All my trainings this week were slower than 7"/km.  My training pace for the whole week is 7:14"/km while my normal weekly training pace was around 1 minute faster.  Anyway, I know now that if I slow down a lot, I can still log some mileage without stressing my leg too much.  I will try to increase my pace next week to be around 6"/km.

Fuel: From this week training, I know that 250ml of water before 5km run is not enough.  I increase the water intake to 500ml before the 5km run and it seems better, still not good enough.  I will increase the intake to 750ml before the run next week.


Conclusion: 

  1. Run real slow if needed.
  2. Need more than 500ml for early morning 5km run.
  3. Group training into 3 weeks per group.

No comments:

Post a Comment