Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

2015 APBIM HM Training Journal (8 wk to go)

This weekly (sort of) update can really make me feel the time pressure.  At least, it makes me alert that the race is approaching and I'd better try hard to stick to my training plan.

There are 3 new records for the week that just past.

Firstly, this is the 1st time I tried off road running.  Joining the group training and I jogged on trail road (mostly sand) for around 10km.  I ended the training with around 2km of normal road.  This marks as my slowest run for the last 3 years, ie. with the pace of 7:40 mins/km.  Could it be the slow jog or the trail road, I experienced muscle soreness after the run.  Luckily, the soreness just lasted for  a day for me to be able to run with targeted HM pace 2 days after that.

Secondly, I followed (and modified) Jeff's training plan found in RunKeeper to run 5km at HM pace after the 5km easy run and ended with 2.5km of easy run again.

Thirdly, this is the first week I logged a weekly mileage of 30km (29.9km to be exact) during this 20wk of training plan.

Fuel:-
1.  2 glasses of water before the 12.5km run.
2.  1 cup of Yogult (75 kcal) before the run.
3.  1 cup of Yogult (153kcal) after the run.
Overall, I felt satisfactory with the above fueling strategy.


No comments:

Post a Comment