Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

My 5k run

This is my 1st 5k after the Penang Run 2013 two weeks ago.  I tried to run last week but I was force to stop, again, due to my knee problem.  During that try run, I just managed to run continuously for close to 2km without knee problem.  I decided to give myself more rest.  I was kind of worry about my knee but I read it somewhere (on running material) that as long as the pain goes away as time passes, it should be ok.  That is the case for me.

So, finally, I managed to run 5k this time.  Around 2km after I started, I felt a bit of knee discomfort again.  It was very mild and I just continued to run.  Luckily, the discomfort didn't get worse.  However, I was running with a very slow pace, ie 7min/km.  This is the pace that I run about 8 months ago.  I will start up slow again.

Hope everything is getting better moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment